As a member of ÅAS and international exchange student you are entitled to hiring a starting package from one of our starting package storages in Åbo or Vasa.
The starting package contains various must-have items, such as kitchen utensils, blanket and pillow, that will make your stay in Finland a lot more comfortable, and less expensive, one. Please note that bed linens, pillow case, blanket covers and curtains are not included in the starting package.
For more information about the starting package in Åbo, please visit its own website.
The starting package in Vasa is located in the middle of Academill, in room C224, Strandgatan 2.
Packages can be borrowed only by exchange student members of the student unions. When renting a starting package, you must prove your membership in a student union or enrolment at the above mentioned schools, as well as present a receipt that you have paid the starting package rental and deposit fees. The starting package is personal and neither the package nor any of its contents may be passed on to any other person.
A starting package may be borrowed for a maximum time of twelve (12) months. If a package has not been returned 12 months after it was borrowed, the borrower will lose the entire deposit.
The rent for the Starting Package is €20.00. In order to receive a starting package you will also pay a deposit fee of €60.00. The deposit fee is refundable upon return of the complete and clean package, in the same conditions as when rented. Students with an EU bank account will receive the refund as a transfer to the home bank account. Other students will receive the deposit back in cash from Novium’s office. Refunds must be claimed within three months of the return of the starting package; refunds not claimed within three months will be forfeited.
The rent and the deposit fee (80 euro total) shall be paid to Studerandekåren Novium vid Yrkeshögskolan Novia; account number FI56 4970 0010 0175 88 (the BIC code is HELSFIHH) . Please use the reference number 201430. Save the receipt, which ought to show the bank’s archivation code. You need to show the receipt when signing out your starting package.
Please read the following before filling out the contract paper and printing it!
- Please fill out the contract paper electronically (not by hand)
- In order to fill out the contract, you may have to save it on your computer
- Please print out two identical copies of the contract and on both sides of the paper
- After printing you should have two sheets of paper, one is for you and the other for the Starting Package officer
- Remember to bring the contract paper with the necessary receipts within two weeks of your arrival
- The contract paper is not valid unless it has been signed by you in person at the Starting Package office
- If you don’t have access to a printer, you can send the contract paper by e-mail
- The contract paper asks for the condition and number of the items in the package so you should not sign it before you have seen the package
If your question wasn’t answered here, please contact email@example.com.