Advice for Students

Legal Advice

As a Student Union member you are entitled to legal advice. You can turn to the legal counsellor in matters of inheritance, housing (e.g. tenancy agreement), taxation, employment etc. Please notice that writing or making contracts don’t belong to the counsellor’s work description, but they can give you useful legal advice.

The counsellors are situated in Åbo. You can visit or call the legal counsellor every Tuesday between 18 and 19.

Address: Student Union of the University of Turku (TYY), Yo-talo, Rektorsåkersgatan 4, B-building, second floor (045 843 3428 – NB: only call this number during the hours mentioned above). The counsellors speak fluent English and the service is free of charge.

Student Priest

Mia Pusa is the university Chaplain in Åbo. If you want to talk about issues concerning religion or life in general, you can always contact Mia. She is at the Student Union office (Tavastgatan 22, 3rd floor) every Wednesday 13-14. You can also call (040 341 7308) or e-mail her:

The Student Chaplain in Vasa is Hanna Järn, you can contact her on  or by phone 044 480 8327 to schedule a meeting.