The investigations of the fire at Kåren have revealed that it was a technical fault in the electrical switchboard that caused the fire. It was not caused by any individual actor.
The rescue services managed to limit the fire to a small area that is close to the electrical switchboard inside the restaurant on the second floor. The surfaces in Tavasthem, the Ball Room and in the restaurant halls are in good condition. Therefore, it is mostly parts of the second floor and the Student Union’s office spaces on the third floor that have suffered damage in the fire.
The clean-up is in full swing and focus mainly on getting rid of the smell of smoke.
Tavasthem is prioritised so that the tenants could return home as quickly as possible.
The business premises are undamaged so they can be used after certain inspection measures.